Penelope Basset

Monday, August 11, 2008

free at last!!!



You remember how light headed you feel when you get your long hair cut?? It's sort of airy, and a tiny bit dizzy and the cool air feels so good on your neck? Well, Summer Reading is over, and that's about how I feel right now.
Dont get me wrong, we all had a fun time, but it got a bit crazy at times, and is always a relief when it is over. We did very well, I think, which is gratifying, and we got a lot of kids involved with our Angel ticket drawing. Sort of tricked those little darlings into reading to earn a chance to take their family out to a game. Whatever works!! Worked all weekend, so yard sailing has to wait for next week. Look out ladies, here I come! I have been looking for surfaces to paint lately. A friend of mine got me painting again earlier this summer. Do you know how much canvases cost??? Zounds! But if you gesso wood or some other sort of material, it makes a great surface to decorate. Wish I had learned that years ago! We are having a Day of the Dead celebration at my library soon, and we have been making these for our altars. the skulls with the hats are my parents (it really sort of looks like them), and an Aztec princess for our librarian's aid who is heading up the event. Fun!!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 12, 2008 at 5:47 AM , Blogger The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

You painted those??!! I knew you were talented but I didn't know you could paint! I'll keep a lookout for any canvases loitering on driveways on Saturday mornings.

 
At August 15, 2008 at 11:18 PM , Blogger canngil said...

Thanks! hopefully there will be more backyard artist rejects out there...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home