Penelope Basset

Monday, July 21, 2008

Great deals on grandbaby stuff!



I got the chance to go out for a couple of hours before we went to my cousin's engagement party. Lots of local sales this last weekend. Quite a few on Sunday also. Don't know if that is an economic indicator or not, but I don't remember seeing very many people out on Sundays before.
The really hot, moving sales were the ones that lowered the prices and just wanted to get it over with. I started my rounds after 11am, and found that folks either had very little left, or had lots that were pre-priced and kind of high.
My son and daughter-in-law are pretty sure on the sex of their first child. She works in an Ob-Gyn clinic, which has benefits of tests asap. Looks like Andrew will have a son to work on his layout with him (one whole room of their house holds his tables and rolling stock.)
This little plate seemed perfect to give to them. I checked the price for the plate on e-bay, and I was right on the button paying $5.00. And I saved on postage!
Ended up at the house of one of my teen volunteers at the library, and bought two little overals with snaps across the legs for $1 a piece. If you have ever bought baby clothes, you can appreciate the great find. The striped pair have never been worn, and still has the price tags attached. I have to control myself though, I have gotten them 3 pairs of denim overalls so far, but they all are different sizes at least. The little item in the corner is a Harley-Davidson onezie that was really cute. I don't know if Harley stuff is really Southern or not, but you never can have enough of these little suits!
Two more fast treasures: a quaker lace tablecloth that will give me a chance to try Queenie's stain removal recipe , and a large heavy off white woven bed cover that we will use to protect the couch during the hot dog days of summer.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At July 22, 2008 at 5:23 AM , Blogger The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Awwww, those overalls are too cute! You'll have a ball finding baby stuff at garage sales, there's a ton of it out there.

Hope the stain stuff works as well for you as it has for me! I usually let stuff soak for several days. That quilt I got last weekend is now completely stain free!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home