Penelope Basset

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I am doing an art challenge on a e-friend's facebook page. The challenge: do a portrait of Frida in whatever style or materials you wish....it goes from the sublime to the oh-my-goodness! Lots of fun! My picture is done in Copic type markers which I am playing with right now. I had never done much reading about Frida before a few days ago. She had a painful life both from wounds to her heart by her husband, and the lingering damage to her body from a streetcar accident when a teen. Because of scarring to her womb, she was never able to carry a child to term, though she tried three times at great risk to her own health. My Frida is strong but mourning the loss of her three babes, worn as day of the dead skulls on her breast.

6 Comments:

At May 9, 2012 at 7:19 AM , Blogger The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Wow, even before I read the text, I knew that was Frida! Love it!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 7:10 PM , Blogger canngil said...

glad you like it! how's it going in the wonderful land of Ore?
you should check out the others that have done something for the challenge...very cool, and amazing all the different kinds of
Frida...hope to be sewing binding on your quilt next week...I have not forgotten, just no place to put up the sewing machine right now...

 
At July 2, 2012 at 1:50 AM , Blogger Vicki Boster said...

Hi friend!!
Thanks for your interest in the Harvest nest. I tried to email you back but your profile is set to " no reply". ( you might want to change that and add your email address to your profile---)

The nests are $58. If you would like more info- please email me -- my email address is listed on my sidebar. I'd love to save a beautiful nest for you.

And by the way-- your drawing is amazing!! I love the colors and your style-- you have great talent. It's truly lovely!!
Xo
Vicki

 
At July 15, 2012 at 4:20 AM , Blogger Vicki Boster said...

Cathy-
I'm responding to your request to be added to the Woodland nest wIting list---- the nests are $47. Can you please email me - my address is on the sidebar of my blog? I need to get an email address from you before I can add you to the list!!!

Vicki

 
At August 10, 2012 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Priti Lisa said...

Sorry to have missed that challenge...your Frida is fantastic!
I love the meaning behind the necklace too.
♥♥♥priti.lisa

 
At September 6, 2012 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I love the folky style and colors :D !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home