Penelope Basset

Saturday, October 30, 2010

trying something new....



Carrie Joy Art has a really neat video on using Golden Crackle Paste. It gives you step by step on how to transfer photos to a fresco surface and how to embellish and seal. I tried it when I was too tired and forgot some of her sage advice. I will watch and try again but wanted to show my little picture anyway. One thing I do have to say, don't use canvas. Don't know where my mind was when I did it, but Carrie did help me save it from all flaking off by coating with gel. Photo is from an old school picture I picked up in Ventura.

5 Comments:

At November 5, 2010 at 6:00 AM , Blogger Carrie Joy Byrnes said...

This looks great Cathy!

 
At November 5, 2010 at 6:01 AM , Blogger Carrie Joy Byrnes said...

I have used canvas with the paste. What happened? Maybe it was too much paste?

 
At November 6, 2010 at 12:00 AM , Blogger canngil said...

perhaps too much paste? maybe, but it just kept bending....the canvas was not solid, but stretched across the wooden box.

 
At November 11, 2010 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Do you have a link to Carrie Joy Art so we can have a look at the tutorial? Thank you. I love the way your piece turned out. Very cool.

 
At November 12, 2010 at 6:39 PM , Blogger canngil said...

http://carriejoyart.blogspot.com/2010/09/1-intro-and-little-about-materials.html

you can see her blogspot.com address up there too.It was fun to do. Glad you liked it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home