Penelope Basset

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New painting at long last


A friend of mine who is an amazing knitter and I made a deal. she would knit a scarf that looked like a dragon for me, and I would paint a picture of her kitty, Buffy, for her. At long last, I have finished the portrait of Buffy. It is part collage and part acrylic painting. I need to varnish it, and it will be ready to go meet the real Buffy! BTW, Buffy looked at the photo that I sent to her mistress, and she was a bit distressed that it looked like she didn't have a tail. Fortunately we were able to explain to her satisfaction that in the painting she was SITTING on her tail!

7 Comments:

At February 10, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Blogger The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Wow! When I clicked on the picture and saw the close up, this is just amazing! Love the flowers in the background, and I would have recognized Amber's cat anywhere! ;o)

 
At February 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM , Blogger canngil said...

glad you like it, Queenie! The flowers come from collaging pieces from a wildly bright printed party napkin!~

 
At February 13, 2011 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my OWOH giveaway!

 
At February 15, 2011 at 7:31 AM , Blogger Priti Lisa said...

Buffy is FABULOUS...I wish I could paint like that...BRAVO <3

 
At February 15, 2011 at 10:12 PM , Blogger Sandy Mastroni said...

I like this !
I like what you did with the background too
hey > you're a CRAZY LADY too ... ha ha
thanks for visiting me

 
At February 18, 2011 at 4:06 PM , Blogger Deirdra Doan said...

Hi Cathy Gillette you won my snowflake on ADO Blog for the OWOH giveaway!
Please send me your address.
deirdradoan (at) gmail
dot com

 
At May 9, 2011 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Shelley Whiting's art said...

Love that picture it's very dark and expressive. A very intriguing piece.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home