Penelope Basset

Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Flurry of Activity!






I love three day weekends! I can get done what needs to be done for the house and the rest of the family, and finally have a bit of time and energy left for me to paint or garden. Did a little bit of both today, Saturday, and planted some pumpkin seedlings, and finished up a bunch of partially done projects. I painted the interesting piece of wood white and glazed it. Looks better but still dont know what to do with it.
Finished the crows and moon and varnished it, so hopefully it will have a nice wet look.
The little angel was painted on a panel that already had the pretty crackle border. I gessoed over the flowers in the center and painted with acrylic, used a bit of Inktense pencil, some gold glitter gel, and crackle finish over all. Not so sure about the glitter stuff, I think it needs a special project to really work well, but it is neat stuff.
I have been working on the oak tree for a long time; it started out in acrylic, and then accented with the Inktense, and varnished. Really love the colors and texture in this.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 14, 2010 at 7:50 AM , Blogger The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

I am SO in awe of anyone who can paint such a beautiful tree!

 
At March 30, 2010 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Sherrie said...

Good afternoon. I just wanted to stop by and say hello and to thank you for joining me on my wonderful journey into blogging. I have been having so much fun meeting all these nice folks. So thank you again and I look forward to our future chats. Good luck on my giveaway.

 
At March 30, 2010 at 10:12 PM , Blogger Sandy Mastroni said...

Hi
I love what you did with the oak piece !
very well done !
I got so excited about that , that I didn't really read the rest of your bog post !
I'll go back now

 
At April 18, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Kelee said...

Hi Talented Cathy!

I LOVE your crows, angel and tree!

Wow--you are so artistic! I think I lke the crows best...they are rather Chagall like!

love, kelee @ www.katillacshack.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home