Penelope Basset

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Re-touching the tree and madonna



I was tweaking the painting with the colored pencils, and was able to save the baby a bit. I think I will hit it again with the acrylics and see if I can fix it.































These came in backwards, somehow. The tree on the right is with acrylics only before I tried mixing in the colored pencils. I have been looking at the oil pastel pencils, but havent made the $$plunge yet. But it did help wake up and give more definition and shading to the bark and the grass and the leaf masses too. I think it was an improvement.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 14, 2009 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Carrie Joy Byrnes said...

Hi Penelope! Thanks for all the bids and for stopping by the blog. I am brainstorming about doing some prints and also thinking about doing some paintings to post on etsy when everything slows down in January- so everyone gets a fair shot....

Love your blog!

Carrie

 
At February 2, 2010 at 12:21 AM , Blogger Heckety said...

Yes it looks more defined somehow- well I like it...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home