Penelope Basset

Saturday, July 11, 2009

after watching Jane's first new video



Ok, jumped back into the paint tonight.
I had tried doing a collaged background using squares of fabric and extra thick Golden medium.
Coated the fabric with medium, and when dried, painted over in a thin green glaze. you can see places I missed with the glaze because they soaked up the paint!
Then I sat around waiting for inspiration.....
.....saw Jane's short video today and decided to give it a try!
I took your advice also about not worrying too much about the features, blocked in the head and shoulders with white gesso, and did a rough sketch of the face with a pencil.
Then tried to remember how Jane built her face, and went from there.
I was pretty pleased how it turned out, until I realized that I had painted it with the hole for hanging on the bottom......

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At July 11, 2009 at 11:19 PM , Blogger canngil said...

stupid blog dashboard not letting me finish my writing.....
I am going to crackle it tomorrow when try....

 
At July 12, 2009 at 7:04 AM , Blogger The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

That hole at the bottom isn't for hanging, it's for...ummm...regulating the moisture content of the gesso during humid weather. (I knew I'd think of something!) You'll find something much more attractive to actually hang it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home