Penelope Basset

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Introducing some new lady friends......



We have been having all sorts of computer problems (viral downloads, etc) so I haven't been able to post my latest stuff. I really need to get past the first lesson in Jane's painting class, but it is so much fun to paint like this with the dark background. Good thing too, because I havent been able to download the other lessons yet with the wonky computer. Up above is a painting taken from an old photograph from the 1920's. My dad had bought the photo and gave it to me because he thought it looked a lot like me. I made the hair a bit more interesting than the flapper bobb, but she had on the popular white linen dress (just about like our 'little black dresses' nowadays.)

2 Comments:

At August 9, 2009 at 5:50 AM , Blogger The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

I really like all three! Can't wait to see what you come up with as you get farther into the class.

 
At August 22, 2009 at 11:33 AM , Blogger meandering pearl said...

i love this one!

kindest wishes

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home