Penelope Basset

Sunday, April 26, 2009

I want to grow up and be like Gritty Jane!




I look at the things that Jane does on her blog, and I am so inspired to try my own hand at painting and collaging.
I took an octagonal plaque that I found at the Goodwill, gessoed, and collaged with bits of Latin and English text from an old catholic prayer book. Then I painted a lady/angel/not sure what to call her, experimenting with using glaze with my paint. Got a long way to go, it doesnt look quite how I want it to look, but then, I am not quite sure what I am going for. But Jane is so much fun to watch! She uses all sorts of materials and puts it all together so beautifully!

5 Comments:

At April 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM , Blogger The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

I think it's coming along nicely, can't wait to see it when you feel it's done. Of course I'm a sucker for stuff with words!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 11:40 PM , Blogger canngil said...

Jill was a bit horrified when I told her what I was going to do with the little old prayerbook, until I told her it was being "re purposed" for some Green Art.

 
At April 28, 2009 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good job! This is sweet. Now don't get freaked out when you see the little video on my blog, ok? I went off about people copying me...but my guess is you will not be like the folks I am referring to. Take care, Jane

 
At May 4, 2009 at 5:27 PM , Blogger Laura said...

HI! Thanks for your visit to my blog. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I found that picture of Mary Todd Lincoln when I put her name into Google Images. I looked at the blog I got it from:
http://supermisc.blogspot.com/2009/02/happy-200th-mr-lincoln.html

but that does not mean it is really her. I don't know what more to do; I hate to have inaccurate information on my blog...Let me know if you find out something!

 
At May 12, 2009 at 12:23 AM , Blogger Floss said...

I quite like her already, and I'll be really interested to see her when she's finished! Thanks for popping over to my blog, and entering my giveaway - I can think of lots of ways you could put some of my paper ephemera to good use!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home